Low sperm count is one of the major sexual problems confronting men all over the world and as you know, some Nigerian men are not left out.
A major effect of low sperm count is the inability to impregnate a woman.
Sperm is a liquid that is produce by men who have reach puberty which is needed in order to impregnate a woman.
The problem is that the quantity and quality of sperm produced by some men is not enough that is why they experience fertility problems or issues.
According to a recent research by World Health Organization(WHO), sperm count that is below 15 million per millilitre(ml) may result in a man’s inability to impregnate a woman.
The good news is that low sperm count can be cured and one of the ways of achieving this is through a healthy diet, in this article, we will look at 10 Nigerian foods that can help boost sperm count and even thicken the sperm.
10 Nigerian Foods That Can Increase Sperm Count
- Akamu (pap/ogi): Akamu is a liquid or watery staple Nigerian food made from corn, it is rich in zinc and folic acid scientifically recognized as good sperm boosters.
It can be eaten alone or with akara, beans, moi moi. Akamu can help boost sperm count including the thickness of the semen.
To further prove the effectiveness of Akamu as a natural sperm booster, 130 men were interviewed over this subject, 93 out of the 130 men believe that Akamu boost sperm production, help thicken sperm (cures watery sperm), gives them good erection and make them last longer in bed. They said they noticed an increase in ejaculation volume and is thick whenever they take pap before sex.
While the remaining 10 men said they have not tried it at all.
2. Beans: Beans is rich in zinc, it is a nutrient that plays a vital role in sperm development. Zinc deficiency has been blamed for low sperm count, zinc is found in testicles and this is where sperm is produced.
3. Green Leafy Vegetable: Green leaf vegetable like Ugu and Water leaf are rich in vitamin C, antioxidants, folic acid and iron. Eating Nigerian green leaf vegetable has been made easy with a variety of Nigerian soups, green leaf vegetables will help to improve sperm count through the nutrients which they contain.
4. Bananas: Bananas contain an enzyme called Bromelain that helps in increasing the production of testoterone. Eating banana is very important because it contains vitamin BA which helps in improving sperm count abilities in men. It is advisable to eat at least 3 bananas every in order to increase sperm production.
5. Eggs: Regular consumption of eggs is crucial in the production of sperm, eggs contain protein and vitamin A which help in boosting sperm count and motility.
You can eat eggs in different ways which include, fried eggs, adding it to sauces, eat it boiled and many more.
6. Garlic: Garlic has cleansing properties, too, which remove impurities from arteries to improve blood flow; poor blood supply to the testes contributes to infertility. It also contains zinc, which is known to increase testosterone, sperm motility and sperm count.
You can consume Garlic by adding it to your food.
7. Beef: Medically, humans are warned to consume less of red meat especially those that are elderly because of our heart, but it can help in sperm production. If you know you are suffering from low sperm count, make sure you include it in your diet in order to have a higher sperm sperm count, red meat is a source of zinc, which is proven to boost sperm cells production.
8.Ginseng: Ginseng is an Asian supplement that is known to enhance sexual performance, improves sperm production and increase the thickness of the semen.
It also increases sex drive, improve sexual performance, aiding erectile dysfunction, increases sperm count, improve sperm quality and also preserve ejaculated sperms.
Ginseng though is a supplement, it is recommended by doctors, if you can’t take the supplement, then you can drink the ginseng tea.
9. Maca: Maca is a root grown in Peru South America which has gained a whole lot of popularity in recent years due to its capacity to solve fertility problems in both male and female. Maca is a great source of nutrients and some important vitamins.
Maca has traditionally been used in enhancing fertility and sex drive, it also increase stamina and energy. It improves the quality of sperm and research has proven that men who eat maca regularly have better sperm motile and more sperm per ejaculation.
The best way to consume the maca root is through the use of a supplement, the Forever Living Multi–Maca supplement is an effective solution for low sperm count, pre mature ejaculation, weak erection and poor libido.
10. Groundnut: Groundnut consumption is good for the body especially in dealing with fertility problems both in men and women. It is a great source of zinc which is a known sperm booster, the best way to consume groundnut and boost your sperm count is to make the groundnut soup and add the Ugu leaf to it.