Glaucoma and cataract are the two most common eye problems and responsible for many vision loss around the world, they both affect the eyes but in a different way and you can have both or either glaucoma or cataracts can lead to one another.
Both glaucoma and cataract are eye disorders and share similarities in terms of symptoms and causes, this could be the reason many people believe they are the same but are actually different with unique causes, symptoms and treatment options
Forever iVision is a complete eye supplement and it is made exclusively to help promote optimal eye health, clarity and to help restore your vision. It is new and improved. Click here to order online
Continue reading to discover how both disorders can affect your eyes including their symptoms, causes and treatment options.
What are glaucoma and cataracts?
Glaucoma is caused by too much build up of fluid inside the eye and this further leads to increase eye pressure. The eyes contains fluids and everyday old fluids must be removed through a drainage to accommodate new ones.
But it is a block on the drainage that cause the buildup of fluids and if it’s continues, it will definitely damage the optic nerve that leads to the brain which in turn will cause blindness.
Common symptoms of glaucoma include:
- Peripheral vision loss – not able to see outside of your eye field
- Feeling of pains in the eye
- It may appear red
- You may have blurry vision
- Your eyes may become firm/hard to touch
You may be at the risk of having glaucoma due to the following:
- If you are over the age of 60
- There is a family history o glaucoma
- You are suffering from diabetes
Early detection and treatment remains the best combat against this disease
Once you notice any or more of the symptoms above, you can visit your doctor for test and he may also prescribe eye drop This may be helpful in lowering the pressure in your eye. If eye drops aren’t the ideal treatment for you or don’t work, your doctor may recommend laser surgery to help in the draining of your eye fluid.
Another treatment option is taking supplement exclusively made to improve and restore your vision and also promote normal eye functioning
This is the forming of clouds in the eye lens making it difficult to see
In your eyes there is a lens that allows light to enter so that images ca be send to the back of your eyes. Problem occurs when there is a breakdown of protein which can stick together to form whitish or yellow clumps that will cloud, block, or distort your vision. These cloudy clumps are known as cataract.
Cataract with glaucoma are the leading cause of vision loss in the world
Most common symptoms of cataract include:
- Poor night vision – not able to see in the night
- Double vision – always seeing things twice
- Blurry vision
- Using different glasses at many times
- Being sensitive to light
- Seeing colors as faded
Cataract Risk Factors:
blood pressure that is too high
steroid use for a long time
excessive alcohol consumption
overexposure to the sun
Treatment for Cataract
As with glaucoma your doctor may prescribe eye drops to help open wide your eyes and if it;s something serious, he can recommend surgery which is often very successful and help to reverse blindness
Glaucoma and Cataract – what is the difference
- Glaucoma affects the optic nerve and is caused by an increase in eye pressure, whereas cataracts are caused by the breakdown of proteins and harm the lens.
- Glaucoma can be slow and invisible or quick and painful, depending on the type of glaucoma and severity. Cataracts are painless and develop over time, whereas glaucoma can be either slow and subtle or quick and painful, depending on the type of glaucoma and severity
- Glaucoma can result in permanent blindness, although cataracts are less likely to cause vision loss but it’s still possible).
- The vision loss caused by cataract surgery can be reversed, but not by glaucoma surgery.
- Glaucoma surgery employs a laser to clear up the clogged canals that are blocking fluid outflow, whereas cataract surgery removes the lens and replaces it with an artificial lens.
- Cataracts are not a life-threatening medical condition, whereas glaucoma requires prompt diagnosis and treatment.
What They Have in Common
- Vision loss can be caused by both glaucoma and cataracts.
- Diabetes patients are more likely to develop both of these eye problems.
- Both glaucoma and cataracts can be treated with surgery. (It’s crucial to remember, however, that this isn’t the first line of glaucoma treatment.) It is often used only when other treatment options, such as eye drops, have failed.)
- Both glaucoma and cataract can affect the same person at a particular time.
In Conclusion, both glaucoma and cataract re the two leading causes of vision loss and blindness, glaucoma is the most dangerous of the two eye disorders, while blindness cause by cataract ca be reversed through surgery with artificial lens, it will be impossible to reverse blindness or vision loss cause by glaucoma.
Natural Solution for Glaucoma & Cataract
Do you have glaucoma or cataract or both and you are looking for a solution that is both effective, natural and at the same time cheaper than surgery?
We are delighted to introduce to you the 3 in 1 Natural Solution for Glaucoma & Cataract, it’s a combination of three natural products made with organic ingredients to help restore your vision and promote normal eye functioning
For more details on how to order these products kindly click the image below