The benefits of Ginko:
- Helps with mental fatigue by enhancing blood supply to the brain
- Maintains healthy circulation
- Energy level booster
- Herbs are added to enhance the benefits of ginkgo
Ginkgo Plus is a unique synergistic blend of four anciently known Chinese plants. Its chief ingredient is ginkgo biloba leaf extract, which is then combined with ganoderma from reishi mushroom, schisandra berries and cured fo-ti, each a respected Chinese herb in its own right.
The ginkgo tree is thought to be the oldest surviving tree species, its origins going back hundreds of thousands of years. Hence it is known as the ‘fossil tree’. Individual trees also live for a long time, over 1,000 years in many instances, due to their ability to adapt to a wide variety of environments. They are also extremely resistant to attacks from insects and fungi. The ginkgo tree is a deciduous tree, growing in parts of the United States and China.
These days there is no shortage of media references to ginkgo, including most recently the suggestion of its aphrodisiac properties. It is one of the most popular herbal remedies available in Europe and North America. However, history reveals it to be one of the oldest plants in continuous medicinal use. Its latest popularity is based on its beneficial effects on the nervous system and its purported ability to support memory-related functions.
Extracts from the ginkgo leaf yield flavonoids and terpenoids which strengthen capillaries. They also act as antioxidants. Ginkgo has been shown to increase circulation of blood to the brain. Reishi, schisandra and cured fo-ti contain many biologically active constituents, and cured fo-ti is regarded by the Chinese as one of the most important anti-ageing herbs. Together these herbs make Forever Ginkgo Plus an incredible ‘brain food’.
Benefits of Ginkgo Biloba – A Good Memory Booster
Did you ever experience bouts of memory loss wherein you forgot where you placed your cell phone?
Or the time when you forgot where you placed your car key…only to find out later that it’s still in the ignition because you forgot to take it with you as you closed the door of your car?
These small mental lapses could become frequent as you get older.
What Is Ginkgo Biloba?
It is a popular herbal supplement that dates back to ancient China. The extract is obtained through a process that removes the ginkgolic acid from the ginkgo leaf.
It contains compounds that enhance the health of your circulatory system.
What Are The Benefits of Ginkgo?
Ginkgo biloba contains these beneficial compounds.
- Provide antioxidant protection from free-radicals
- Help prevent or reduce blood clotting, thus, allowing increased blood flow to the brain
In effect, this translates into an improved delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the brain.
Other Benefits of Ginkgo
- Helps fight memory loss
- Helps delay the progression of Alzheimer’s disease
- Effective against ailments associated with peripheral arterial disease
- Helps prevent stroke
- Strengthens your blood vessel tissues
- Contains proanthocyanidins and phenolic acids which give powerful antioxidant activity
Along these lines, Forever Living Products has created a unique blend of 4 powerful herbs called, Forever Ginkgo Plus, with ginkgo biloba as its chief ingredient.
Aside from the benefits of ginkgo, Forever Ginkgo Plus also provides the combined benefits of Reishi, Schisandra berry, and cured fo ti which have many bioactive nutrients.
Reishi (Ganoderma Lucidum)
- It contains compounds which lower your blood sugar levels
- It interferes with clotting of blood platelets
- This makes it effective against atherosclerosis and stroke
- It contains polysaccharides which help your body fight cancerous tumors
- The polysaccharides also stimulate your immune system so it can fight off infections and viruses
- Reishi also contains triterpenes which lower your blood pressure and improve circulation
- Reduces allergic reactions
Schisandra contains lignans which are known to protect the liver and regenerate the damaged liver tissues.
Lignans also protect the liver against damage from aflatoxin and cadmium chloride.
Other Health Benefits of Schisandra
- It helps your body fight disease
- It helps your body fight stress
- It lowers your blood pressure
- It improves the function of your heart
- It improves your vision
- It normalizes your blood sugar levels
- It aids in digestion and in the absorption of nutrients
- It improves your overall health and increases your energy levels
- Helps your liver function properly
- It is effective against hepatitis
- It relieves insomnia
Cured Fo Ti (polygonum multiflorum) has long been used in China as an antibacterial and anti-tumor. In addition, it strengthens your liver and kidneys. It is also used as adjunctive therapy against cancer.
Other Benefits of Cured Fo Ti
- It lowers your blood pressure
- It contains lecithin which aids in fat metabolism and lowers bad cholesterol levels
- It contains catachin, which is a flavonoid that inhibits tumor cells
- Its anti-aging properties prevent premature aging
Side effects include: Diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea, skin rashes and numbness in the extremities.
Forever Ginkgo Plus provides you with the health benefits of ginkgo, reishi, schisandra berry and cured fo ti, which act in synergy to ensure good health.
Note: Bear in mind that herbal supplements can have pharmacological effects and may produce reactions in some people.
Consult a physician before taking any of these supplements if you are pregnant, lactating, or have a medical condition. Discuss with him your intention to use any herbal supplements.
Ginkgo biloba extract 30mg (powdered leaf, standardised to 24% flavonoids/6% terpenoids)
Reishi mushroom 210mg
Cured fo-ti 110mg
Contents: 60 tablets.
Suggested Use: Take 1 tablet, twice a day.
Note: consult a doctor before taking if you are pregnant, lactating or have a medical condition. Not recommended for children.
Microcrystalline cellulose, tricalcium phosphate, cellulose, stearic acid, croscarmellose sodium, magnesium stearate.